ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukuma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I do batch processing with IBatis DAO
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:00:03 GMT
Hi Hycel,

I don't know if this will answer your question but i will try.

My DAO is defined this way

        public class ShopSqlMapDao extends BaseSqlMapDao implements ShopDao

Just like in the JPetStore application.

When executing in batch mode i do this.

try {
	startTransaction();

	startBatch();
	for (int i = 0; i < dealerFrLines.length; i++) {
		param.put("dealerFrLines", new Integer(dealerFrLines[i]));
		insert("insertShopDFL", param);
	}
	executeBatch();

	commitTransaction();

} finally {
	endTransaction();
}

The reason i use transaction is at line

             insert("insertShopDFL", param);

is where the get connection happens to execute the query.  By adding the start and end
transaction, i will be using only one connection and not use different connections to execute
each
insert in the batch mode.

Hope this helps

Prashanth Sukumaran.