ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Eduardo Piva" <edua...@gwe.com.br>
Subject Setting null in a lazy-load object.
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:56:47 GMT
Hi List,

I have a group of objects that I'm using in my project, and part of them I'm populating via
lazy-load, because they are ralelly used (there are some object's that are used only to show
information in the screen or in reports). I have some process, in my back-end, that uses and
create all these objects.

There are some information that are used (and loaded via lazy-load) and are used again just
some minutes before the first usage. I would like to do something like resetting all lazy-load
objects, using something like: object.setLazyParameter(null), to enable the garbage collector
to fre this space for me, but I don't want to verify, in many places in my project, if this
parameter is null, like:

if (object.getLazyParameter() == null) { myDAO.populateLazyParameter ... }.

I would like to free my object reference and, when I need to get it again, ibatis verifies
that the parameter is null again and get it again. Is it possible? I'm needing this because
I'm having memory usage problems here and I don't want to set the parameter to null, since
there are a lot of places that uses it and I would eventually cause a null pointer exception,
and I don't wan't to hold references to unused objects in memory (they become unused for some
minutes).

That's it.

Thank's.

----