ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukuma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Stored procedure with queryForList skipresults and maxresults
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:57:37 GMT
Hi Satish,

Larry is correct.  Last week was a terrible week for me.  The site kept going down due to
memory
hog.  It was fine when there were few visitors.  When the users increased all of the 1GB ram
allocated was eaten up in 6 mins.

The developer was getting all the data first, thus creating hundreds of objects and then filtering
it.  I had to rewrite all the sql to get only what was required.

The best thing would be to pass those values to the Stored Procedure and then filter it within
the
stored procedure.  This is good for both improve performance and use less memory.

Rgds
Prashanth.