ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukuma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Stored procedure call throwing UncategorizedSQLException
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:00:12 GMT
Hi Satish,

IBatis is a very simple tool.  It is just a wrapper on top of the JDBC.  You can call it with
any
technical name.  It lets to do a lot of things, which otherwise you will have to do it yourself.

For Example,
In the normal JDBC assume you had one Input and one Output.  You would do

			delStmt 	= conn.prepareCall("{call DeleteCustomer(?, ?)}");	// 2

			delStmt.setString(1, CustID);
			delStmt.registerOutParameter(2, OracleTypes.VARCHAR);

So similarly, you have to define both the input and output parameters in IBatis.

Think of ibatis as a wrapper on JDBC and you will be cruising through.

Thanks

Prashanth.