ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Colin Lamond" <ml...@lamond.co.uk>
Subject SQLMaps and Web Services in the same application
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:19:15 GMT
Hi,

I have been using SQL Maps for Java for some time now and have just
started work on a project that is using SQL Maps and accessing a web
service.

The web service stub code has been built using the Java Web Services
Developer Pack (Java WSDP). My client test project works fine, but as soon
as I try to use SQL maps in the same project I run into problems.

When I do

SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(reader);

I get the following error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.getSchema()Ljavax/xml/validation/Schema;
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.createDocument(NodeletParser.java:135)
        at com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.parse(NodeletParser.java:50)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.builder.xml.SqlMapConfigParser.parse(SqlMapConfigParser.java:78)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(SqlMapClientBuilder.java:62)
        at
com.channel4.quizCall.answers.daemon.db.SqlMapsConfig.<clinit>(SqlMapsConfig.java:64)
        at
com.channel4.quizCall.answers.daemon.AnswersDEngine.runEngine(AnswersDEngine.java:53)
        at
com.channel4.quizCall.answers.daemon.AnswersD.main(AnswersD.java:39)

I have discovered that this is only the case when I place the saxrpc jars
on my class path (jaxrpc-impl.jar jaxrpc-spi.jar jaxrpc-api.jar
activation.jar jax-qname.jar) that are required for the web service. If I
remove these then the web service client does not work, if I add them then
sqlmaps does not work.

Can any one point me in the direction of the solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Colin.