ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Michal Malecki" <misie...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: sizeof utility
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:36:21 GMT
Well, idea for my class came in the thread "Estimating amount of memory need
for cache" (more than week ago). Of course the way of measuring memory size
in the Florin's link is best possible, but only when nothing else is
happening in the system. My way could be possibly used in the working
system, but is dependant on the implementation if the JVM. I don't know if
it is reasonable to use my way at all (depending on the JVM
implementation??). What do you think (Clinton?)
Michal Malecki
> I was sure it can't be that easy :(

But looking at  Florin's link IMHO it becomes very easy. Comparing
memory usage before and after object creation is a nice estimate or do
I miss something?

NIcholoz Koka Kiknadze