ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "dragos moraru" <dmor...@qcns.co.ro>
Subject Re: unchained stored procedure problem
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:27:39 GMT
 Run this:
sp_procxmode name_procedure, anymode

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Li, Daniel (MSCIBARRA)
  To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 7:34 PM
  Subject: unchained stored procedure problem

  Hi,

  I am trying to run several stored procedures in Sybase and get the following error:

  --- The error occurred in com/msdw/msci/core/db/Country.xml.
  --- Check the getCountries-InlineParameterMap.
  --- Check the statement (update procedure failed).
  --- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Stored procedure '**************' may be run only in unchained
transaction mode. The 'SET CHAINED OFF' command will cause the current session to use unchained
transaction mode.

  One solution is to change the mode of the stored procedure in the database, however, I would
rather not go that route. I also tried setting DefaultAutoCommit off, but that did not help.

  Does anyone know what I need to do for this? Also, how can I set it up to run 'SET CHAINED
OFF' as a separate statement prior to my procedure calls?

  Thanks.

  NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality
or privilege, and use is prohibited.