ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <dhsc...@cstone.dhs.state.il.us>
Subject Re: QueryForObject returns wrong data
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:55:06 GMT
:(

Unfortunately, that's not an easy upgrade to convince management
about.

I've submitted an enhancement request for this problem (IBATIS-176),
and also attached a simple test case showing how to use stored procedure
DECIMAL output parms with iBatis.

The enhancement should be quite simple to do - you could work on it
yourself if you can't wait for the team to get to it.  Maybe even I'll
have time to do it later today :)

Jeff Butler

>>> shilpa.pradhan@judiciary.state.nj.us 07/28/05 8:27 AM >>>
Jeff Butler <dhscn06 <at> cstone.dhs.state.il.us> writes:

> Shilpa,
>
> I cannot get this to fail using DB2 version 8.2, fixpack 9a.  I have
> used both the type 2 and type 4 drivers, and I get the correct
results
> in each case (even calling the SP multiple times - works every
time).

> I still believe this is something that should be changed in iBATIS -
> just to make sure we are following the JDBC spec as closely as
possible.
>  But it looks like the DB2 version 8 drivers are fairly robust.
>
> Would you please provide some configuration details:
>
> 1. DB2 Server Version and platform
> 2. DB2 Client Version
> 3. Type of driver you are using
>
> I don't have easy access to DB2 version 7 anymore for testing, but
that
> might be part of the problem if you are still on that version.  The
> version 7 driver had some, shall we say, peculiarities.
>
> Jeff Butler

Hi Jeff,

   Answers to your questions are:
1. DB2 7.1 on Mainframe
2. DB2 7
3. COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

I think driver is the problem, I dont see any any other reason.

Thanks for all your help.
Please let me know if you have any questions that you think may be a
problem.

Shilpa