ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From shilpa <shilpa.prad...@judiciary.state.nj.us>
Subject Re: QueryForObject returns wrong data
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:41:23 GMT
Larry Meadors <larry.meadors <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Do you need to set the scale on the bigdecimal variable?
>
> On 7/26/05, shilpa <shilpa.pradhan <at> judiciary.state.nj.us
> > wrote:Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukumaran <at>
> yahoo.com> writes:>> Hi Shilpa,>> Just in case, have you defined the bean

variable as int/integer by mistake.>> Rgds>> Prashanth.>> --- shilpa <
> shilpa.pradhan <at> judiciary.state.nj.us> wrote:>> > Hi,> >>
>     It may
sound little strange, but I am getting wrong data back when I
> call> > QueryForObject( ) method and try to get firld of Decimal data type.>

>> > e.g> > I am calling this method by passing financialStatus as object.>
>>

> sqlMap.queryForObject("selectFinancialInfo",finStatus);> >> > I am using

Stored Procedures to retrieve data from DB2.> >> > I have a field in
table 'SocialSecurity' with value
> 99.44> >> > but when I execute> >> > sqlMap.queryForObject
("selectFinancialInfo",finStatus);> >> > and call finStatus.getSocialSecurity
();> > its just returning me 99 and not
> 99.44> >> > My stored procedure is not returning a ResultSet but everything

in OUT> > parameters.> >> > Same procedure works fine with normal JDBC code.

(returns 99.44)
Thanks,> >
shilpa> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>

of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around> http://mail.yahoo.com
> >>no its BigDecimalBigDecimal financialSocialsecurity;getter/setters for
thatpublic BigDecimal getFinancialSocialsecurity()
{                System.out.println("financialSocialsecurity"
> +financialSocialsecurity); // this returns wrong data i.e.
99                return financialSocialsecurity;}public void
setFinancialSocialsecurity(BigDecimal decimal)
{                financialSocialsecurity
> = decimal;}Thanks,shilpa

yes, as data type in my stored procedure is Decimal.
And one more thing , I have another stored procedure, which access same field
from table, only difference is, this stored procedure is returning me ResultSet
(more than one record), So for this I am using sqlMap.QueryForList() and it
returns me correct data, but queryForObject() fails.

Is it a problem with QueryForObject() ???

Thanks,
shilpa