ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From netsql <net...@roomity.com>
Subject Re: Advantage of Map over Bean as a parameterObject?
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:37:30 GMT

> 1) You don't have to write a JavaBean class.

;-)

2nd one:
2)You don't have to change or maintain it.
As project evolves and front end and back end evolve... there is no
maitanance or CRUFT or duplication.

I used to do beans for many years. Then I started w/ Groovy, CoR, C#,
Flash, etc... They all are Map and Collections based. Even when I make a
JTable it needs a collection. I my case, I have no needs for a bean. All
my API only takes Map args and sometimes return Lists. (A silly little
varargs). After all how often do you get a class cast exception!

.V