ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mock for DaoManager
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:20:26 GMT
Hmm, ok.

Two options to consider:
1) Use dbunit to populate a database, and use your normal DAOs.
2) Create an alternate dao.xml that has your mocked up dao classes that
return hard-coded values.

I would seriously suggest #1..and yes, I know, it is not what you
wanted ("without
requiring a call to the database"), however, with a smallish database I
think you'll find the performance acceptable, and you will get the added
benefit of testing your mapped statements, too.

Using dbunit, you can specify the exact contents of the database, so you
have known quantities to test against. It is a pretty darn slick tool.

Larry