ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Fabio Insaccanebbia <finsaccaneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: synchronization between DB and ibatis sqlmaps
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:20:29 GMT
While I agree that a complete test suite of the application would
solve the "unnoticed db change" problem, maybe there could be a more
direct way to face this issue in iBatis.

Probably it would be sufficient an XML file with a set of "test
parameters": there could be a "ibatis test" ant task that executes the
queries (and do a rollback at the end) and looks for unexpected
SQLException.

The "ibatis test" could also return a "failure" if a query hasn't a
set of test values.

The "dynamic sql queries" should be considered with all the possible
sql fragments (we aren't looking for meaningful data.. we're looking
for field or table names that have changed)

Could it be an iBatis RFE or there are reasons that make it useless or
unreasonable?

Thanks,
Fabio