ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Fabio Insaccanebbia <finsaccaneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS 2.1.5 is out (despite the website)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:56:19 GMT
IMHO, there could be a couple of reasons (not technical and not even
so "strong") that could suggest to add RowSet support.

1 - a RowSet support could simplify the migration from a non-iBatis
framework (my situation)
      1st step - substitute the RowSet/ResultSet homemade framework
with iBatis, gaining immediately better cache support and SQL dynamic
queries
      2nd step - introduce gradually the objects instead of RowSet

2 - there is a pattern called "Data Transfer Rowset" that in some
situations, could be used side-by-side with DAO. If I can't implement
it with iBatis, but I still need it in an application that is mostly
DAO based, I should create another "query catalog" and another "cache
management" (or introduce a DIY Rowset with a List of Maps.. so why
don't build it in iBatis? :-).

As a said, quite "weak" reasons.. still, I'd find RowSet support useful  :-)

Thanks,
Fabio