ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Greg Day" <Greg....@tec.govt.nz>
Subject Slow query update...
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:17:17 GMT
Hi all

regarding my ultra-slow query when running through ibatis..
just to recap, if I run a sybase query through Ibatis (inside jboss), it goes really slow,
if I run it through jdbc (inside jboss) its quick.

The query is essentially a select * by unique identifier (which has an index).

Basically, the database is doing a table scan on this table when the query is run through
ibatis. It doesnt do the table scan when its run through jdbc.

So, my question is: what is ibatis doing here? are there hints that it gives to sybase that
tells it something about query plans? im very confused...

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Greg