ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject RE: Result map problems...
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:36:40 GMT
Bit afraid to answer because I'm also quite new to this.
It sounds right to me that it can't do the auto-result map to the existing
class property if you are not selecting the matching column.

MEINDERT HOVING
Developer, Pastel Payroll

Direct:
+27 (21) 680 9015
Main:
+27 (21) 680 9000
Fax:
+27 (21) 680 9090
meindert@pastelebusiness.com
www.pastel.co.za

9 out of 10 accountants recommend PASTEL Accounting

-----Original Message-----
From: Vamsee Kanakala [mailto:vamlists@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 July 2005 09:15 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Result map problems...

Hi list,

         I'm facing a strange problem. I have a pretty big query using a
lot of dynamic sql satements, like this:

http://rafb.net/paste/results/Glxoo380.html

This query basically selects a bunch of columns based on the parameters
passed. When I run this statement in isolation from a test, it works
flawlessly. I start up tomcat, and run it from the search page, it works
once or twice, and the next time it gives a nasty exception like this:

org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: SqlMapClient operation:
encountered SQLException [
--- The error occurred in com/mafoi/assetregister/dao/Search.xml.
--- Check the searchAssets-AutoResultMap.
--- Check the result mapping for the 'netbalance04' property.
--- Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name netbalance04
not found.]; nested exception is
--- The error occurred in com/mafoi/assetregister/dao/Search.xml.
--- Check the searchAssets-AutoResultMap.
--- Check the result mapping for the 'netbalance04' property.
--- Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name netbalance04
not found.

I know the error is self-explanatory, but the 'netbalance04' should not
even be selected in this query! Weird thing is that, it works when I run
the queries independently from a testcase. So I'm guessing that the
result map, which is a HashMap, is getting cached somewhere and ibatis
is trying to get the previous query's column names from the current
result set? It's just guess work, but I'm truly lost. Please help.

Regards,
Vamsee.