ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "James, Steven" <Steven.Ja...@logicacmg.com>
Subject Re: How to set the connection read-only?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:59:22 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: James, Steven
Sent: Mon 7/11/2005 1:51 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Cc: florin@ecstend.com

if i understand you you wish for the reads to get the same view if another transaction is
processing. eg if user a creates a connection then user b
does so as well if b modifies but does not commit then a should not see b's data until commit.

If this is what you mean then you need to set the isolation level on the transaction that
is making changes. Your reader does not need a transaction..

Steve