ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Akins, Greg" <Greg.Ak...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Mock for DaoManager
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:33:03 GMT
Thanks.

I've used DbUnit before..

However, the test data we have is in some cases over 20 million rows.

1.	I had planned on two sets of tests, 1 would use the actual dao
implementations, to test the mappings.  2 would use mocks to speed up
the rest of the testing.

So I think I can mix both your suggestions to get the results I want.
Thanks for the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Meadors [mailto:larry.meadors@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:20 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mock for DaoManager

Hmm, ok.

Two options to consider:
1) Use dbunit to populate a database, and use your normal DAOs.
2) Create an alternate dao.xml that has your mocked up dao classes that
return hard-coded values.

I would seriously suggest #1..and yes, I know, it is not what you wanted
("without requiring a call to the database"), however, with a smallish
database I think you'll find the performance acceptable, and you will
get the added benefit of testing your mapped statements, too.

Using dbunit, you can specify the exact contents of the database, so you
have known quantities to test against. It is a pretty darn slick tool.

Larry