ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Akins, Greg" <Greg.Ak...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Mock for DaoManager
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:45:47 GMT
Well, I think I might be on the wrong path...

But what I was trying to do is replace the call the StandardDaoManager
with calls to a MockDaoManager that would return an instance of a mock
dao object

The MockDao object would just keep all the "data" in memory and the
implementation of each method would return data that I could use for
testing, without requiring a call to the database.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Meadors [mailto:larry.meadors@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:30 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mock for DaoManager

I am not sure what you are trying to do here..do you want the DAOs
defined in the dao.xml, or do you want to return different ones?

It would be a fairly straightforward exercise to build one that mimicked
the StandardDaoManager class, and exposed the dao maps so you could
replace them.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? There may be an easier
way...

Larry