ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Fabrizio Gianneschi" <fabrizio.giannes...@gruppoatlantis.com>
Subject R: is Ibatis right for this?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:16:06 GMT
It's very easy to do that in iBATIS.

I can suggest you two different methods to do it:
1) Use resultClass="java.util.HashMap" and then, in your jsp, iterate within
its keys/values.

2) Let iBATIS convert the results in XML, using the following attributes:
resultClass="xml" xmlResultName=”myroot” (see "xmlResultName" on dev.guide)
and then handle the XML as you prefer.

Fabrizio

________________________________

Da: Emiliano Armellin [mailto:earmellin@ateikon.com]
Inviato: venerdì 15 luglio 2005 11.52
A: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Oggetto: is Ibatis right for this?

Hello

my project manager asks me if I can do this with iBatis...

I have to make a generic search + result web app

*	I have to build a form reading from db the tables of the from
clause, the fields to read and the where parameters (everything...)

*	with this request parameters I have to build a report to display the
result of the query

the problem: I can dynamically build the select but how can I dynamically
set the result of the query? ResultMap/Class is not dynamic correct?

Is there a way to do this with iBatis? (actual solution is a jsp page which
calls a bean that return a result set, read rs metadata, scrolls the rs and
build/display the result table)

Emiliano Armellin