ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: I must restart Tomcat when I modify some SQL Map XML files in SQLMapConfig.xml
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:32:04 GMT
I remember experiencing a similiar problem with Eclipse and Tomcat. It
seemed that whenever I deployed, Tomcat wouldn't recognize that files
had changed and it would never reload the application. I recall being
frustrated when I made small changes to sqlMap xml files and I had to
completely shutdown and restart Tomcat. I resolved the issue by
building my own Ant script to deploy my project. The code below is
several months old and I am no longer working on the project. I used
the code with Eclipse 2 then upgraded to Eclipse 3. That may have been
the MyEclipse version. I remember going through a big IDE upgrade at
some point. Larry and Brandon helped out answering questions with my
iBATIS 1.x to 2.x upgrade too!

This code was used against a Tomcat 5 installation, not 5.5:

<!--
 references to Java classes that enable ant to
 interact with Tomcat5; Elcipse v3.x thinks the links
 below are errors (yellow underlining) while v2.x
 does not; the project should build and installs as expected
 despite these warnings;
-->
<taskdef name="install"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask">
 <classpath>
  <path location="${tomcat.home}/server/lib/catalina-ant.jar"/>
 </classpath>
</taskdef>
<taskdef name="list" classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ListTask"/>
<taskdef name="reload" classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ReloadTask"/>
<taskdef name="remove" classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.RemoveTask"/>

<target name="removeAndInstall" depends="warfile,remove,install">
 <echo message="Finished calling [removeAndInstall] target." />
</target>

<target name="remove">
 <!-- snip -->
</target>

<target name="warfile">
 <!-- snip -->
</target>

<target name="install" depends="warfile" description="Install
application to servlet container">
 <install
  url="${manager.url}"
  username="${manager.username}"
  password="${manager.password}"
  path="${app.path}"
  war="file://${build.home}/${app.name}.war"/>
 <delete dir="${build.home}" failonerror="true"/>
</target>