ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use type handler callbacks inside quiries?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:02:08 GMT
True Daniel,

It's possible. But I do sympathize with Marting, as it currently is a pain
in the butt.

The biggest issue is that you have to ensure that the parameters line up
exactly. That is, you need to ensure that all paths of the conditional
results result in the exact same number and type of parameters.....

The design of parameter maps is shotty at the moment (embarassing for a 3
year old project).....iBATIS 3.0 (or perhaps even 2.5) will use named
parameters, much like Spring, O/R Broker and .... even ADO .NET (see, there
is something to learn from the C# dudes! ;-)

Clinton