ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <erlend.bjo...@aftenposten.no>
Subject SV: Capitlizing first letter in words
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:00:39 GMT
Hi there!

One easy trick is to use the database function, in Oracle: initcap

select initcap(name), initcap(contactperson) ...
from company

--

But still you have the problem with words that you don't want to initcap ..
words like:

and, or ...

--

Let me know if you figure out a easy way handle those special word you don't want to initcap
!! :-)

Think you have to have some kind of list of words that should be in lower, maybe there are
some kind
of utility out there for that ?

Take care,
Erlend