ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Darek Dober" <doover...@op.pl>
Subject Re: Best mechanism to read large datasets
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:16:27 GMT
Best mechanism to read large datasetsCan't you divide your result into pages with smaller number
of records ?

queryForList with proper parameters should do that.

Darek
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rao, Satish
  To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 4:10 PM
  Subject: Best mechanism to read large datasets

  I have a situation where I might be retrieving thousands of rows from Oracle. I am using
a queryForList() and I am assuming it stores the rows in memory. As a result I am quickly
running out of memory.

  Is there a way for ibatis to read each row from table and discard it as soon as it is processed,
so I don't run into out of memory issues?