ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Michal Malecki" <misie...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: Estimating amount of memory need for cache
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:14:00 GMT
Hello,
I think it's not quite so e.g. all characters in the memory are 2 bytes and serialized there
are in UTF-8
here is article about it:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javaqa/2003-12/02-qa-1226-sizeof.html
Regards
Michal Malecki

  You could serialize the results it to disk.  That would give you a pessimistic estimation
of the size it will be in memory.  That is, the cost of serialization will be higher than
the amount of RAM used, so you can feel relatively confident that it will be smaller in memory.

  Cheers,
  Clinton