ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <dhsc...@cstone.dhs.state.il.us>
Subject Re: Content is not allowed in prolog
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:26:23 GMT
We have your exact setup - WAS 5.1 on AIX, RAD 6.0 on XP.  We have no
issues with iBatis.

We are not using DAO, only SqlMaps.  We are using iBatis 2.0.9b.  Our
config files are encoded UTF-8.

This probably isn't much help to you, but I though I'd let you know
that it should work in your scenario.

If it works in RAD but not when deployed to AIX, then something is
different between the environments.  Are both at the same fix level?
Has anyone mucked around with the Java runtime on AIX (like trying to
override the default XML parser)?  Has anyone added JAR files to the
WebSphere runtime for some other application?

Jeff Butler

>>> Steven.Mitchell@umb.com 06/22/05 10:39 AM >>>
We recently starting developing with iBatis (I have used it before at
other sites).  It runs fine on a WebSphere 5.1 under Rational
Application Developer 6.0 on Windows XP; however, when we try to
deploy
to WebSphere 5.1 on AIX iBatis will not load and we get the following
error:

Error 500: Error while configuring DaoManager. Cause:
com.iBatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error occurred.
Cause: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletException: Error parsing XML.
Cause:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Caused
by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Caused by: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletException: Error parsing XML.
Cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.

One of my team members found this link about a bug in RAD 6.0 where it
writes a bad Byte Offset Mark (BOM) in XML files (
<http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=567285&tstart=90>
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=567285&tstart=90), so
we
implemented the recommended circumvention on all the iBatis XML files
and switched from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 encoding. We still get the
error.

Has anybody else had this problem?  Any suggestions?