ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rahul Singh ( Anant )" <anantat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Note on WIKI useage
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:07:29 GMT
Nathan,

If the site had it correct, then there wouldn't be an issue of
confused users. "Read the F#$# Manual" is the wrong attitude even if
you are dealing with developers.

The point is that NO one has it correct, especially with open source
solutions. Rainbow developers claimed they had it correct with Forums
and Confluence. However, when a yahoogroup was started.. it seemed
that people tended to gravitate towards it because it "worked"

I don't think anyone can say "this is the right way" simply because
usability is a gray area which people do lots and lots of research on.
(I don't like Nielsen, but he did do a good job with the SUN site..
and he is ONE expert, which others disagree with)

The way you get a approximation of correctness is if you look at the
users's goals and try to cater to them rather than pushing them what
"we" think is right. (See Inmates are running the Asylum by Alan
Cooper)

Rahul

--
Rahul Singh