ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Post Generated Keys
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:16:09 GMT
Oops...accidentally replied to Steven directly.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Larry Meadors <larry.meadors@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 28, 2005 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: Post Generated Keys
To: "Mitchell, Steven C" <Steven.Mitchell@umb.com>

Yes, that is possible in an environment where updates happen
simultaneously if the driver does not make those calls local to the
connection/transaction.

I would be (unpleasantly) suprised if Oracle's driver fell into that
category. I know that DB2 does make them local to the transaction.

I am a fan of pre-generated keys for that very reason. :-)

Larry