ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get return value of stored procedure
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:03:17 GMT
On 6/23/05, Bing Qiao <qiaobing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Help please!
>
> I have had several talks with our DBA who is so skeptical of iBATIS
> and vow to force us to go back to jdbc. One of his arguments is that
> the return code from stored procedure can not be retrieved by sqlmap.

First: That is just plain silly. There is NOTHING in iBATIS that
precludes you from using JDBC, so your first point is that the two are
NOT exclusive.

Second: You can get return values from stored procedures. Why else
would we have any support for them? Some return values (i.e., Oracle
REFCURSOR return values) are not supported without some additional
work, but mapping simpler return values is trivial. Support is
available for in, out, and inout parameters.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+call+a+stored+procedure%3F

Please do yourself a favor, and read the sql maps docs, there is a ton
of good info there.

Larry