ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OT: COUNT query speed issue
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:57:09 GMT
Is this historical data? What I mean by that is, does it change frequently?

If not, maybe a better approach would be to periodically create a
table with the data in a summarized form.

>From the original email, it sounds like this approach may work for
data where the log_time is before today, but maybe not for today's
data. If that is the case, you could union the two queries (one over
the historical data, and one over the live data for today).

Larry