ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Objects as parameters
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:22:09 GMT
you could do a couple of things:

1) Put both the use and address into a map:
Map params = new HashMap();
params.put("user", user);
params.put("address", address);

2) Create a bean for them:
class UserAddress{
  private User user;
  private Address address;
  public void setUser(User u){this.user = u;}
  public void setAddress(Address a){this.address = a;}
  // etc..
}

In either case, you can refer to the parameter object the same way in
your sql map: userAddress.user.userId

Now, on a related note...if you have a userId in the database, why not
have it in the related bean? I am not sure I understand why you say
"It doesn't make sense for the Address object to store a UserId."
Because you are storing a userId...just in the database...and
disconnecting it artificially in your Java code. From what I can see,
that adds no value, and increases the complexity of the system
(unneccesarily).

Larry