ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Mitchell, Steven C" <Steven.Mitch...@umb.com>
Subject RE: Content is not allowed in prolog
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:39:45 GMT
Brice,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I agree, it's not really an iBatis issue.
We've double checked all the XML files for leading spaces, they were
fine, and re-saved them with a plain text editor.  Those have been sent
to our admin group for redeployment and testing.

I'm not sure how to check default encoding on AIX, but I've forwarded
your note to the server guys to investigate.  I'm going to open a ticket
with IBM since this is an IBM IDE, IBM App Server, and IBM OS.  I'll be
sure to post an update when we've figured this out.

Thanks,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Brice Ruth [mailto:bdruth@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 11:31 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Content is not allowed in prolog

It probably is an encoding problem. Most likely having to do with the
platform default encoding. It is possible that Java/AIX is reading it
using a different default platform encoding than RAD on XP.

It can be tricky to resolve this, but as others have mentioned, it isn't
really an iBATIS issue. I would suggest creating a PMR with IBM and
having them help you figure out why WS running on Java/AIX is throwing
this error.

Brice

--
Brice Ruth