ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Mitchell, Steven C" <Steven.Mitch...@umb.com>
Subject Content is not allowed in prolog
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:39:18 GMT
We recently starting developing with iBatis (I have used it before at
other sites).  It runs fine on a WebSphere 5.1 under Rational
Application Developer 6.0 on Windows XP; however, when we try to deploy
to WebSphere 5.1 on AIX iBatis will not load and we get the following
error:

Error 500: Error while configuring DaoManager. Cause:
com.iBatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error occurred.
Cause: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletException: Error parsing XML. Cause:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog. Caused
by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Caused by: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletException: Error parsing XML.
Cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.

One of my team members found this link about a bug in RAD 6.0 where it
writes a bad Byte Offset Mark (BOM) in XML files (
<http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=567285&tstart=90>
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=567285&tstart=90), so we
implemented the recommended circumvention on all the iBatis XML files
and switched from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 encoding. We still get the error.

Has anybody else had this problem?  Any suggestions?