ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject No operations allowed after connection closed.
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:35:49 GMT
How can I force a reconnect after a session has been timed out

  _____

I was hoping anybody could help me here, it is probably a stupid thing but I
can't seem to find the answer..

My application is based on the jpetshop.

Anyway, I have on my main page a paginated list (employeeList) that must be
fetched every time the page is loaded.

I set it to null in the reset method of the bean

public void reset() {

    pageDirection = null;

    employeeList = null;

  }

And I call the service layer to do the (simple) query, when I go to
index.shtml

public String index() {

    setEmployeeList(dailyBulletinService.getOutStaff());

    return "success";

  }

My problem is that the page loads with an error "after a while" (I assume
after the session times out)

Pressing F5 in the browser will clear this error.

What am I doing wrong or how do I get ride of it?

I'm using mysql, tomcat on a linux machine.

The error is:

java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.io.EOFException,
underlying cause: null
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No operations allowed after connection
closed.

Connection was closed due to the following exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.sql.SQLException
MESSAGE: Communication link failure: java.io.EOFException, underlying cause:
null

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.io.EOFException

Please help