ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Bing Qiao <qiaob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get return value of stored procedure
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:23:54 GMT
Thanks for your reply.

First, I was referring to sqlmap, not ibatis dao. Are these two
exlusive, jdbc and sqlmap?

Second, I happen to have known that sqlmap supports OUT parameters.

As a java developer I have no problem in using OUT parameters.

What I was asking is: (1) does sqlmap directly support retrieving
RETURN code that is defined as follows in SQL online book.

"RETURN
Exits unconditionally from a query or procedure. RETURN is immediate
and complete and can be used at any point to exit from a procedure,
batch, or statement block. Statements following RETURN are not
executed."

Obviously, we can catch raiserror (defined as follows from SQL online
book) exceptions, but what about the severity level and state? My
second question: (2)can we retrieve them as well?

"RAISERROR
Returns a user-defined error message and sets a system flag to record
that an error has occurred. Using RAISERROR, the client can either
retrieve an entry from the sysmessages table or build a message
dynamically with user-specified severity and state information. After
the message is defined it is sent back to the client as a server error
message."

I undertand they might be vendor specific, so if no support for them
can someone please clarify that? really appreciate your help, thanks a
lot!