ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "James, Steven" <Steven.Ja...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: No operations allowed after connection closed.
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:29:00 GMT
I have also seen this same error using a thin client. The first quesy throws a exception about
closed connection then creates a new connection and carries on. I am using the same version
of mysql but connector 3.1.6.. When i use the same client same queries against our hsqldb
db we never get the problem.  I have been working on the hsqldb side for a while and assumed
 it was an error in my code which i would fix later. i have a newer
version of mysql 4.1.12 which is our new base line so i will try it out on this database and
let you know.. But it sounds like a bug in the driver?

Steve..

-----Original Message-----
From: Meindert [mailto:meindert@pastelebusiness.com]
Sent: Thu 6/23/2005 2:19 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org; 'Brandon Goodin'
Subject: RE: No operations allowed after connection closed.

Database version:

mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar

mysql-4.1.9

To reproduce I open the website on the index page and then close the
browser, the next day I open the browser again and I get the error.

The error comes from the connection pool, I find this in my Catalina.out
log:

DEBUG [http-80-Processor25] - Returned connection 12839271 to pool.  (This
was the day before)

DEBUG [http-80-Processor24] - Checked out connection 12839271 from pool.
(The connection for the paginated list on my index.shtml page)

DEBUG [http-80-Processor24] - {conn-100045} Connection

DEBUG [http-80-Processor24] - A bad connection (12839271) attempted to
return to the pool, discarding connection.

The query fails and the index page comes up and prints the exception trace.

Pressing F5 reloads the page and fetches a new connection that succeeds.

The connection is used for:
setEmployeeList(dailyBulletinService.getOutStaff());

Is this enough info?

MEINDERT HOVING

Developer, Pastel Payroll

Direct:

+27 (21) 680 9015

Main:

+27 (21) 680 9000

Fax:

+27 (21) 680 9090

meindert@pastelebusiness.com

www.pastel.co.za

9 out of 10 accountants recommend PASTEL Accounting