ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "James, Steven" <Steven.Ja...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Update SQL Problem
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:01:45 GMT
Quite simple as far as i know ibatis does not help with this..

First ask youreslf if this is a big problem.  How vital is a few microseconds compared
to the added amount of your code you may need to write.

1 easy strategy that i have used is an isupdated field in your value object.. Then if set
update..

Only consider improving a programs performance when it is working as until users get thier
hands on it
you never know where the real bottlenecks lie... I have seen to many projects spend way to
much time pre-quessing
performance issues only to find that they really had little idea where the code was spending
it time..

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Subbiah [mailto:subbiah@utdallas.edu]
Sent: Fri 6/10/2005 4:50 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Update SQL Problem

Hi,

Here comes work -

I have an Object which is corrresponding to a SQL table record.

Ibatis constructs this object for me after I seek the record.

I modify few fields and now I have to update the SQL table record.

So I give Ibatis this modified object to update.

Problem :-

How can I detect the object has modified, If its modified only then I would
like to call the update of Ibatis Is there any way ???

Thanks

Sagar

and inform the sender. Thank you.