ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <ni...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Possibilities and/or impossibilities of subclassing
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:35:34 GMT
Yes, that is also the answer I was looking for but nothing is mentioned
about _how_ to implement a table per subclass, and additionally, the
.NET-docs are updated again (v1.2.1) and now state the following:

* resultMap for each class
* resultMap with submaps for a class hierarchy
* resultMap with extended resultMaps for each subclass

Which does not even state the word 'table' anymore, and the
possibilities now listed are what I've figured out myself, but
unfortunately these are not sufficient for me.

Thanks for the answer,

Niels

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Grabowski [mailto:rongrabowski@yahoo.com]
Sent: woensdag 15 juni 2005 14:18
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Possibilities and/or impossibilities of subclassing

The next message in the thread had a list of three cases where the
discriminator might come in handy:

 * table per class hierarchy
 * table per subclass
 * table per concrete class

That's the answer I was looking for. I believe both the .Net and Java
version now have the same level of suppor for discriminators. Although
I did noticed that the Java version specifies them like this:

 <discriminator>
  <submap />
  <submap />
  <submap />
 </discriminator>

While the .Net version does it like this:

 <discriminator />
 <submap />
 <submap />
 <submap />

Which leads me to believe the .Net version only allows for one
discriminator per resultMap ??? That's what I remember seeing at some
point.

(http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-dev%40incubator.apache.org/msg01014.