ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <ni...@wis.nl>
Subject Possibilities and/or impossibilities of subclassing
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:59:29 GMT
Hi,

Could you guys please clarify some of the possibilities and
unpossibilities of iBATIS when it comes to subclassing?. What I
understand from the various documentation-fragments is that iBATIS only
supports discriminators when all columns are available in a single
resultset. How would this work when I have an ISA-design with let's say
10 different subtables, this would result in enormous amounts of data...

Is there any documentation that I have missed somehow? I saw it on the
undocumented features-list, but maybe there is some after all. I looked
at the provided Documentation.xml but this is an example with just one
table, which is not I'm looking for. I even checked the .NET
documentation too, the discriminator is mentioned there, but not in the
context of subtables (and I heard that iBATIS.NET has more features when
it comes to subclassing).

I hope you can shed some light on this, otherwise it requires some
workarounds on my end.

Thanks for your time,

Niels

PS I tried to contact Ron for his solution
(http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-dev%40incubator.apache.org/msg01014.
html) to this problem, as he said he was helped "off list" but could not
reach him.