ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Bing Zou <xiguamaill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Am I doing anything wrong? iBATIS has very poor performance on batch inserts compared to JDBC.
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:34:51 GMT
Just checked the iBATIS source code.

The SqlMapExecutorDelegate.insert () method does have to be in a transaction:
  public Object insert(SessionScope session, String id, Object param)
throws SQLException {
    Object generatedKey = null;

    MappedStatement ms = getMappedStatement(id);
    Transaction trans = getTransaction(session);
    boolean autoStart = trans == null; // If no transaction exists,
will automatically start a new transaction.

    try {
      trans = autoStartTransaction(session, autoStart, trans);

      SelectKeyStatement selectKeyStatement = null;
      if (ms instanceof InsertStatement) {
        selectKeyStatement = ((InsertStatement) ms).getSelectKeyStatement();
      }

      if (selectKeyStatement != null && !selectKeyStatement.isAfter()) {
        generatedKey = executeSelectKey(session, trans, ms, param);
      }

      RequestScope request = popRequest(session, ms);
      try {
        ms.executeUpdate(request, trans, param);
      } finally {
        pushRequest(request);
      }

      if (selectKeyStatement != null && selectKeyStatement.isAfter()) {
        generatedKey = executeSelectKey(session, trans, ms, param);
      }

      autoCommitTransaction(session, autoStart);
    } finally {
      autoEndTransaction(session, autoStart);
    }

    return generatedKey;
  }

Now the question is: why the Transaction trans =
getTransaction(session); returns null if I use "EXTERNAL" transaction
manager?

Is this a bug in iBATIS?

Thanks.
Bing
On 6/16/05, Bing Zou <xiguamaillist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why iBATIS batch has to be within a transaction while JDBC batch doesn't?
>
> Thanks.
> Bing
>
> On 6/16/05, Larry Meadors <larry.meadors@gmail.com> wrote:
> > no, that looks right..
> >
> > On 6/16/05, Bing Zou <xiguamaillist@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The transactionManager configuration:
> > >   <transactionManager type="EXTERNAL">
> > >         <property name="SetAutoCommitAllowed" value="false"/>
> > >     <dataSource type="JNDI">
> > >       <property name="DataSource" value="MyOraclePool"/>
> > >     </dataSource>
> > >   </transactionManager>
> > >
> > > Anything incorrect here?
> > >
> > > Thanks.