ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Henry Lu <z...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: 32k limitations for clob/blob?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:31:15 GMT
Thanks for the valuable info. Could you tell me where to set this in the
spring.xml file? WHat is the property name?

-Henry

Steve Biondi wrote:

>Hello all, just joined this list.
>
>Maybe you've already done this, but just in case you hadn't I thought I would mention
it: with the Oracle10g driver, try setting the connection property "SetBigStringTryClob=true"
to directly set and get Strings longer than 32k in PreparedStatements and ResultSets. We've
successfully eradicated CLOB handling completely in my current project with this setting.
Apparently, this "fix" must be set explicitly to override the driver's default handling and
conversion logic. Makes life MUCH easier if streaming logic isn't explicitly required for
the app.