ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jan Vissers <Jan.Viss...@cumquat.nl>
Subject Oracle XMLType support
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 02:26:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what we need to do in order to make use of
Oracle's XMLType database object - as part of a sqlMap. I've been
briefly thinking about a way to implement the TypeHandlerCallback
interface, but it seems to me that this will not work. Using straight
JDBC, we're able to query and manipulate XMLType using Oracle JDBC
things like OraclePreparedStatement/OracleCallableStatement,
OracleResultset, OPAQUE and XMLType (available in xdb.jar).

I would love to hear from you guys, whether such a thing is at all possible.

Thx,
Jan.

--
Cumquat Information Technology