ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Nathan Maves <Nathan.Ma...@sun.com>
Subject Re: 32k limitations for clob/blob?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:03:41 GMT
Henry,

I just thought that I would let you know that this is also the way
the default CLOB CTH bundled with ibatis works as well.

public class ClobTypeHandlerCallback implements TypeHandlerCallback {

   public Object getResult(ResultGetter getter)
       throws SQLException {
     String value = "";
     Clob clob = getter.getClob();
     if (clob != null) {
       int size = (int) clob.length();
       value = clob.getSubString(1, size);
     }
     return value;
   }

   public void setParameter(ParameterSetter setter, Object parameter)
       throws SQLException {
     String s = (String) parameter;
     if (s != null) {
       StringReader reader = new StringReader(s);
       setter.setCharacterStream(reader, s.length());
     } else {
       setter.setString(null);
     }
     setter.setString((String) parameter);
   }

   public Object valueOf(String s) {
     return s;
   }

}

Not sure why the spring framework would have this class as well
unless it is from before the BLOB and CLOB CTH were introduced into
the ibatis builds.

Nathan