ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cache behaviour
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:59:19 GMT
I was kinda discussing this with larry last night. Maybe we could have
a typed cache that allows identity to be defined based on object
properties. So, only a certain type of object could be placed into
that cache and anything that is placed into the cache would need to
conform to the particular type. Perhaps a list could be decomposed to
examine it's contents.

For example:

<cacheModel type="IDENTITY" id="myIdCache">
  <property name="type" value="myPersonObject"
  <property name="identity-properties" value="firstName,lastName">
  <flushOnExecute id="insert"/>
  <flushOnExecute id="update"/>
  <flushOnExecute id="delete"/>
</cacheModel>

- the type property would specify the type of object that cache would hold

- the identity-properties would be the combination of property values
that gave the object it's unique identity (getters/setters).

- when the flushOnExecute happens the parameter class must also be of
the same type as those stored in the cache and it could selectively
update/remove cache items based on the criteria.

I know this is a REALLY rough idea. But, if it fuels other ideas that
would be great.

Brandon