ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis and multiple databases
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:35:20 GMT
There is not one way to support multiple databases with ibatis. There
are several options to manage multiple database support.

Examples
(1) Use the extends functionality to override particular statements
that are specific to your database while leaving cross database sql
statements alone.
(2) separate your sqlmap files into slqmaps that can be standard sql
and others that are non-standard and customize them for the particular
database you are working against.
(3) you could have a couple sets of sqlmap files. One for support
Sybase SQL and one for supporting Oracle SQL.

Brandon