ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bug with running sybase stored procedures
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:21:49 GMT
We made that change to accomodate Oracle drivers that use ref cursors.
I am so sick of crappy lame companies who don't know how to write
freakin code!!! Is this something that can be a configuration change
on the transactionManager level? Thoughts anyone?

Brandon

On 6/6/05, ds5j@excite.com <ds5j@excite.com> wrote:

> using sybase with IBatis to call a store procedure results in an error.(null pointer
exception)

> At first I thought Ibatis could not handle stored procedure without output params but
this was not the case.

> The issue seems to be with Sybase's jdbc code.
>

> To fix the issue I changed the following 2 lines in executeQueryProcedure in SqlExecutor.java:
>
>  //     cs.execute();
>
>  //     rs = cs.getResultSet();  //this was throwing the exception the boolean from execute
() returns true correctly

>          rs = cs.executeQuery();
>
> I was able to reproduce this issue outside of ibatis with different jdbc drivers from
sybase(including the latest).  I have reported the bug to sybase but have not heard back.
 (Sybase documentation judiciously only uses executeQuery in its examples and not execute.)

> This issue only seems particular to callable statements as the naked query outside the
stp worked with Ibatis.

> Could Ibatis be changed via the proposed fix without other repercussions?
>

> please advise if this change is acceptable.  This issue also addresses the post on "RE:
Problem with stored procedure and resultMap or resultClass?"