ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From dr_nailz <dr.na...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BindException on db call
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:00:04 GMT
I didn't think it would try to bind any ports, which is what confused
me - the only reference I can find to what it would be trying to bind
is "JVM_Bind", and I'm not sure what this means (I think that this
would normally be the place in the exception to mention the IP and
port it was trying to bind, something like "JVM_Bind:8080"), would it
be something to do with trying to use a socket or named pipe or
something like that rather than TCP/IP?

I've only tried with JDBC... should I try with something else?

I'm testing this on Windows XP SP2.  There's a 3rd party firewall
running but I've tried disabling it (there was no notification or
anything in the logs to say it blocked anything anyway).

The test is part of a larger Struts application, but I'm pretty sure
it shouldn't be referencing anything from there, as this is just one
JUnit test making the queryForObject call. Tomcat is set to run on
8084, but is not running (and I don't think it's trying to be used in
this instance).
______
(just did a bit of testing...)
______

Mentioning Tomcat got me thinking... maybe it is trying to use it
somehow.  So I started it up (Tomcat 5.5.7 bundled with netBeans), and
I get a very similar exception:

java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind:8084

(8084 being the port Tomcat is meant to run on).  Port 8084 is not in
use, and I can't figure out why it wouldn't be able to use it.  Could
it be some kind of permissions issue?  Again, I'm not really sure
where to look.

Sorry if this is getting a bit off topic for this list - it now to not
be an issue with iBATIS at all.

dr_nailz