ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possibilities and/or impossibilities of subclassing
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:18:01 GMT
The next message in the thread had a list of three cases where the
discriminator might come in handy:

 * table per class hierarchy
 * table per subclass
 * table per concrete class

That's the answer I was looking for. I believe both the .Net and Java
version now have the same level of suppor for discriminators. Although
I did noticed that the Java version specifies them like this:

 <discriminator>
  <submap />
  <submap />
  <submap />
 </discriminator>

While the .Net version does it like this:

 <discriminator />
 <submap />
 <submap />
 <submap />

Which leads me to believe the .Net version only allows for one
discriminator per resultMap ??? That's what I remember seeing at some
point.

(http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-dev%40incubator.apache.org/msg01014.