ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SqlMapClasspathEntityResolver Using Wrong ID???
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:59:39 GMT
I only want to maintain one website for ibatis, both to avoid confusion and
simplify deployment of the new site. One problem is that nobody will ever
have access to the current ibatis.com <http://ibatis.com> hosting facilities
except me.

Unfortunately I found out (after I made the change) that
apache.org<http://apache.org>doesn't like to point multiple URLs to
the same site. So they set up a
redirection script instead.

So now, the plan is to slowly move everyone to use
ibatis.apache.org<http://ibatis.apache.org>,
and ibatis.com/.net/.org <http://ibatis.com/.net/.org> will simply become a
redirection. Unfortunately the redirections will not help for DTD
resolution.

That said, Jeff is right, we should use the public ID, and originally it
did. Unfortunately public IDs are easy to screw up (they're a nasty format),
so I chose to use the system ID, because URLs are more foolproof. However,
for future considerations, I suppose the public ID will be the way to go, or
perhaps a smarter entity resolver all around (i.e. try the public ID first,
then the system id for all both ibatis.com <http://ibatis.com> and
ibatis.apache.org <http://ibatis.apache.org>).

Cheers,
Clinton