ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "ONeill, Niall" <Niall.ONe...@agriculture.gov.ie>
Subject External transactions
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:55:59 GMT
Hi,

We're using iBATIS and SqlMaps, with SqlMap configured to use external transactions. We then
wrap all calls to DAOs where data is altered (inserts/deletes/updates) within stateless session
bean methods. We do not wrap calls to DAOs where data is selected. This is to avoid the overhead
of using an EJB where a transaction is not required. Will connections still be cleanly closed
with this approach, or could it result in leaks?

Regards,
Niall.

Niall O'Neill
iFORIS Project
Department of Agriculture and Food

***********  Department of Agriculture and Food ***************

The information contained in this email and in any
attachments is confidential and is designated solely
for the attention and use of the intended recipient(s).
This information may be subject to legal and professional
privilege.  If you are not an intended recipient of
this email, you must not use, disclose, copy,
distribute or retain this message or any part of it.
If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of
this email from your computer system(s).