ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: struts vs ibatis - Integer type
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 18:31:35 GMT
On 5/6/05, Lieven De Keyzer <lieven_dekeyzer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> But as far is I see, when a Bean is constructed, an int property will
> always
> be 0, when not specified. So when I perform an insert through iBatis

Yes, int properties will always have a non-null value...if you need nullable
properties, you must use the Object wrappers instead (Integer instead of
int, etc...)

SQLmaps, this beanproperty will always be an integer? Where exactly are the
> commons classes needed and created ?
> Perhaps I'm not really understanding the purpose of the ConvertUtils and
> BeanUtils.

ConvertUtils and BeanUtils are not used in any way in iBATIS. Period.

Larry